I apologize for the time that has flown by that I have not posted! Baby and I had our very first appointment last Friday (Sept 7) with Dr. Stas and it was amazing. I heard baby's heartbeat and saw the little heart fluttering away (as tears of joy streamed down my face... note to self *waterproof mascara next time*). It was such an overwhelming miracle, I wish Matt could have been there. Peanut had a very healthy heartbeat of 167 bpm and measured right where we had hoped at 8 weeks and 3 days.
After my appointment I called my mom and shared our good news, she was thrilled! She also agreed to keep it to herself so that we are able to tell others on our time, face to face, in our own way. I really appreciate that. I am happy that she's so excited. She is even planning on cross stitching a Precious Moments birth record for us. That will be amazing.
I am now at the end of my 9th week (and need to get a belly and chalkboard photo tonight!). It's amazing how time can get away from you. Matt's parents were able to visit this weekend so we finally got to share the news with them too! They were so happy for us and gave huge hugs all around. It's amazing to hear and see peoples reactions when we tell them, I hope I can remember it forever. While they were in we went to Great Falls and hiked, then that evening went downtown and walked around the monuments. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but had such an amazing time - it was totally worth it. We are going to wait a while longer to tell Michael and Alicia. Luke is still so fresh and new we want them to be able to have and soak in that time with him as a newborn.
I'm anxious and nervous to visit WV this week. I leave on Wednesday afternoon. My friend Heather offered to pick me up Wednesday evening in Charleston and take me to my dads on Thursday morning. I'm going to spend the whole day/night with them and share the news. I can not wait, but am nervous about how emotional it is sure to be. I wish Matt could be there, but his schedule is pretty restricted right now & I understand that.
Also, this weekend my good friend Brooke is getting married (the main reason I am headed to WV!). I am the matron of honor! My dress however is forgetting how to fit me... Matt had to literally stuff me into it. It's not my belly however, it is my chest that seems to be the problem. I may need to cut out some boning in the dress to help me be able to breathe. I am so happy for Brooke and can't wait to stand behind her on her big day like she stood behind me. I just really hope I don't somehow pop out of my dress or that the dress won't zip on the big day. How devastating would that be?!
I've still been feeling really good. Dr. Stas said that since I have made it this far with little to no sickness that I am probably not going to have any (knock on wood!). The fatigue is what really gets to me, some days I just fight through it, while others I am thankful to take a good long nap! My little waist seems to be expanding. It seems to be mainly bloat and that my little uterus is growing into a large grapefruit! I feel as though I shouldn't be expanding quite yet though? I feel fairly confident in myself after baby is here, just at the moment I am so unsure of what is happening to my body!
Only a few more weeks until we are in the second trimester and by then we'll be happily sharing the news with extended family and our friends.
"La vie est Belle" ~ Life is Beautiful
Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Kristen, Matthew and Peanut
No comments:
Post a Comment