Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My {Sunshine}

 
You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
 
Yay! Matt is home! We picked him up at the airport on Saturday evening. It has been so nice having him back and hearing about things he did and saw while he was gone. It sounds amazing, I'd love to go someday.
 
Owen and I had our 37 week appointment yesterday and things are looking great! He is finally head down & "ready to go" and I am dilated to 2cm.  It will likely still be several weeks until his great arrival, but it was nice to hear that progress is being made. I laid down and Dr. Hou said "after baby comes out you'll be so skinny" (haha!) I hope I will be back to my old weight by beach time, but I do not have any false hope of being "skinny" as soon as he comes. He also commented on my "tummy lumps" and felt them, but then wanted to do a quick sonogram to be sure what each one was (that is how we learned his head is down and his bum is still high and mooning us all.)
 
Last week I started feeling pressure/pain in my pelvic muscle which hasn't (and probably won't) go away. My left upper thigh tendon/ligament is also very sore and when I try to rest will twinge and have sharp pains rush through it. Dr. Hou said it is all due to Owen moving down and his weight pushing on those areas. Some people are suggesting lots of rest, but keeping active and walking seems to keep me sane (and rest doesn't help with the pain, so I may as well keep moving). I'm still going to the gym and keeping my heart and body as healthy as possible.
 
Matt's parents are coming this weekend :O) Saturday is my birthday and Sunday is Easter & Tim's birthday. It will be really nice to have them here with us for a few days and to celebrate birthdays and Easter. I think they are hoping for Owen to arrive while they're here, it would be really nice, but my Drs are thinking Owen will be right around his due date so the chances aren't looking too good.
 
I am so excited to hold and meet Owen, but the thought of not being pregnant anymore makes me sad. I love feeling his kicks (when they're not into my ribs) and his hiccups - and knowing he is safe and close to me. I pray I can be the mom the Lord is trusting me to be.
 
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
 
Love,
Kristen, Matthew and Owen
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment