Sunday, January 13, 2013

{No More Cookies!?}

 

Baby Owen is now 26 (almost 27) weeks old and about the length of a large zucchini (yum!) and should weigh between 1 and 2 pounds! He is growing so fast. I don't think I'm ready for him to be growing so quickly already. I would like to keep him in my belly for much longer! He is moving a lot more lately. I feel him exploring and and dancing throughout the day, especially early in the morning and when I lay down to relax at night (probably because that's when I am the most still).
 
Our last appointment went really well. Dr. Hipshmen suggested I try and cut out as many carbs and sugars as possible to try to help my dizziness. She thinks it's highly possible that my already low blood sugar is spiking and crashing when I have too many sugars and carbs (nuts, no more cookies!) It is the worst in the morning about an hour after breakfast. I've cut out orange juice and that has helped a little bit. Fortunately my dizziness doesn't bother Owen, so that is a relief. I have my glucose test on the 19th, so maybe that will help answer why I get so dizzy. Another possibility could be my low blood pressure, in which case there really isn't anything we can do about it. All in all I feel great. I have the normal complaints; dizziness, restless legs and arms, back pain, leg cramps, and problems sleeping, but all in all I still feel really good. I am so thankful for such a healthy pregnancy so far.
 
I scheduled our 4D scan for March 16th. I can not wait! It will be amazing to see our little Prince up close and in action. He will be 35 weeks old then, so we will get a sneak peek into what he'll look like when he's ready to make his big debut into the world.
 
I received my invitation to my baby shower! They are so beautiful. Heather is doing an amazing job with planning and decor, I can hardly wait (only a few more weeks to go.)
 
Matt and I have been going to the gym a few times I week and I have been meeting with a trainer! (Bonus is that she is also pregnant, due in Feb.) She has been helping a lot with simple exercises I can and should be doing - along with some advice about what to expect after baby comes. She is trying to get a class started this spring for "Fit New Mommies". If it gets approved I will definitely be signing up. Owen should be here mid April and we are planning a beach vacation at the end of July, my goal is to be bathing suit ready by then. *Wish me luck*
 
 
Keep us in your thoughts & prayers,
Kristen, Matthew & Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment