You guessed it, Owen is about the size of a pineapple (yum) and will be growing rapidly over these next few weeks. He is working on gaining some major weight.
We had our 33 week appointment today. His heart rate was 160 and he laid there with his little bum high in the air. Dr. Kiskale giggled and commented on how it was a funny shape to be measuring, but he still measured perfectly (bum and all). She also commented on how he is still laying sideways and that he needs to start going head down soon. I was surprised she said that because I thought that wasn't a concern for several more weeks. I am sure he'll move down soon enough, there's plenty of time.
Matt is leaving in a week for Jerusalem. He'll be gone for two weeks. I am a little nervous about him being gone for so long. He, unfortunately will miss our 4D sonogram on the 16th. I wish he could be here for it, but try to not mention it, I don't want him to feel guilty or badly about it. I just hope this is his last trip for quite a while.
I can't believe that in a few short weeks I'll be a mommy. I don't feel ready. I like having him in my belly & feeling his little movements. He's safe, warm and protected where he is, I wish he could just stay in there a while longer.
I've still been feeling good, just really uncomfortable in my own skin. It's hard to get dressed and feel satisfied in how I look. I am told I look great, beautiful and glowing... but honestly I just feel like a hippopotamus and not even a cute baby one. I am honestly struggling with this rapid weight gain. I know it is all for Owen and the Dr said I am gaining "perfectyl". Despite every ones kind words and advice I still struggle with it. So far I have gained a total of 24 pounds, 6 of which I gained in the last 5 weeks... that's more than a pound a week, Eek! I just need to keep in mind it's not about me anymore, it's all for Owen & he is more then worth every single ounce.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Kristen, Matt & Owen
No comments:
Post a Comment